Creating a Powerful Healthcare Experience – w Cynthia Sharpe, Experience Design Principal, ThinkWell Group
By examining the four P’s of experience design – people, places, platforms and processes – healthcare providers of any size can create a customized, engaging and trust-building experience for patients and staff.
Cynthia Sharpe, Theme Park and Museum Principal at experience design firm ThinkWell Group, explains:
- What makes the best healthcare experiences similar to the best cultural and educational ones
- Why guests trusted the Disney Cruise Line experience during a healthcare crisis
- How strong healthcare experiences raise patient engagement, lower staff burnout and improve care.
Resources in episode:
- Recommended book: The Experience Economy, by Joseph Pine
- Check out the ThinkWell website and blog, reach out with questions
- For more on informal science education principals, which apply to patient engagement, visit The American Association of Museums and the Association of Science and Technology Centers.