Allscripts focuses on extending its global leadership position by enhancing client-driven emergency, acute and ambulatory updates and adding substantial features for non-U.S. markets.
CHICAGO, Feb. 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — Allscripts (NASDAQ: MDRX) Sunrise™ Version 14.1, the Allscripts integrated suite of solutions for acute, post acute, ambulatory, revenue cycle and emergency health care providers, is now generally available. Sunrise 14.1 (formerly designated Sunrise 6.2) provides significant advancements to Sunrise Ambulatory Care™, Sunrise Emergency Care™ and Sunrise Access Manager™, a streamlined workflow interface for facility tracking boards, and new capabilities to meet the specific needs of markets outside the United States.
“In addition to delivering on our vision of an Open, Connected Community of Health, we listened to our global client base, delivering many new features in Sunrise 14.1,” said Jim Hewitt, Senior Vice President, Solutions Development for Allscripts. “This integrated release also includes requirements for clients in certain countries outside the United States, where we are seeing growing interest in our solutions.” The previous release – Sunrise 6.1 – fully meets 2014 HITECH (Meaningful Use Stages 1 and 2) certification standards for U.S. clients.
Some of the new and improved features in Sunrise 14.1 include:
Facility tracking boards with status-at-a-glance and Workflow Management Tool
- More visual, intuitive facility tracking boards with real time status.
- Order icons with status badges show the status of each patient order. Hovering over an order gives the clinician a quick view of orders, status and results.
- Workflow manager enables configuration of multiple and custom workflows and supports single-click access to task status, updates and completion.
Enhanced workflow in Sunrise Emergency Care
- STATDocs™ for emergency department (ED) physicians streamlines discharge documentation for high-frequency, low-acuity complaints, comprising approximately 60% of all discharges. ED Notes and ED Procedures use complaint-driven templates to speed the documentation of common procedures and high-acuity complaints.
- Triage and nurse note capabilities help complete Emergency Severity Indexes (ESIs) by requesting the right information at the right time, and automatically populating the facility tracking board.
New efficiency features for Integrated Sunrise Ambulatory Care
- Daily Schedule gives the clinician appointment-time tracking and a high-level view of the day’s activities, across all scheduling systems, providers and resources.
- Inbox improvements enable shared inboxes, improve results acknowledgement, and enhance the interface for prescriptions and annotation messages.
Features to meet needs in select global healthcare markets
- Sunrise 14.1 delivers improvements to utilization of the drug formulary and clinical decision support database to address the needs of markets in Australia, the United Kingdom, Canada and Asia.
Introduction of Task Manager and new Scheduling Engine in Access Manager
- Create and manage waitlists for patients awaiting care in Sunrise Registration and Scheduling.
- Create and manage non-electronic incoming referrals from Sunrise Registration and Scheduling in international markets.
- New Sunrise Scheduling search engine for enhanced appointment search performance.
Sunrise 14.1 reflects a new Sunrise release-numbering convention that reflects the year and quarter of each release.
Sunrise is an advanced healthcare technology single database platform integrating clinical and revenue cycle management across the campus and the community in one unified database. Solutions include a single Electronic Health Record for emergency, inpatient and ambulatory care settings as well as a patient portal. Sunrise also provides access to integrated patient information across care settings and community organizations to facilitate an Open, Connected Community of Health™. Used by many of the leading hospitals and health systems in the world, it offers clinician-specific workflows that help drive adoption of clinical decision support that can lead to improved outcomes.
Sunrise is recognized globally as a premier solution for leading Integrated Delivery Network clients world-wide. Seventeen hospitals in the U.S. News Best Hospitals 2013-2014 Honor Roll are Allscripts clients. In the recent United Kingdom Clinical Digital Maturity Index (CDMI), published by EHI Intelligence, Allscripts client Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital was ranked first, and Allscripts client Salford Royal ranked sixth out of 160 trusts that were surveyed.
In addition, Sunrise Ambulatory Care Module (versions 5.5, 6.0 and 6.1) have received Canada Health Infoway’s J-class, Laboratories and Clinical Documents Ambulatory Electronic Medical Record (EMR) certification, ensuring it conforms to national and international standards for privacy, security and interoperability.
Allscripts (NASDAQ: MDRX) delivers the insights that healthcare caregivers require to generate world-class outcomes. The company’s Electronic Health Record, practice management and other clinical, revenue cycle, connectivity, analytics, cost accounting, post acute, population health and information solutions create a Connected Community of Health™ for physicians, hospitals and post-acute organizations. To learn more about Allscripts, please visit www.allscripts.com, Twitter, YouTube and It Takes A Community: The Allscripts Blog.
© 2014 Allscripts Healthcare, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Allscripts, the Allscripts logo, and other Allscripts marks are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Allscripts Healthcare, LLC in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc.
Investors, Seth Frank, 312-506-1213, email@example.com, or Media, Concetta Di Franco, +1 312-447-2466, firstname.lastname@example.org