Response to Changing Market Conditions Enables Providers to Reduce Revenue Risk
CHICAGO, Dec. 15, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — As the healthcare industry changes – patients are being asked to pay more of their healthcare cost through high deductible plans that include significant co-pay and co-insurance requirements. Providers’ liability to collect is growing exponentially, which leads them to look for ways to manage this emerging revenue risk.
As a leader in patient engagement platforms, Allscripts announced self-pay capability as part of its patient engagement strategy – Allscripts FollowMyHealth®. Allscripts Payerpath® family of solutions powers this new benefit to offer a simplified online payment option from the same access point where patients engage with their healthcare information and care providers.
Patient benefits include:
- Greater convenience – Patients can make online payments and see all their healthcare information in one place.
- Streamlined processes – Patients can securely interact with their healthcare organization 24/7 from a single access point.
Provider benefits include:
- Reduced costs – Eliminate the hassle and costs associated with paper-based payments.
- Timely payment – With a greater proportion of revenue coming directly from patients, healthcare organizations must ensure payment options are consumer-friendly, convenient and accessible.
- Reduced demand on internal resources – Allscripts cloud-based architecture ensures rapid deployment and places minimal demands on internal IT resources, regardless of the electronic health record (EHR) deployed at the practice.
“We looked for a simple, cost effective solution and found one that works,” said The Family Doctors Administrator, Lisa Britt, CMPE, located in Shreveport, La., U.S.A. “Many patients sit down to pay bills over the weekend. With web access, patients can pay the bill online while we are closed, and we process it first thing on Monday morning.”
Forty-four Allscripts clients across the United States use this new capability in the FollowMyHealth patient engagement platform.
“Providers should empower patients with simple-to-use options for engaging with their healthcare information and payment information in one place,” said Allscripts Senior Vice President and General Manager, Payer & Life Sciences Business, Faisal Mushtaq. “Leveraging the type of payment experiences patients are used to can help providers receive funds more quickly.”
Allscripts (NASDAQ:MDRX) is a leader in healthcare information technology solutions that advance clinical, financial and operational results. Our innovative solutions connect people, places and data across an Open, Connected Community of Health™. Connectivity empowers caregivers to make better decisions and deliver better care for healthier populations. To learn more, visit www.allscripts.com, Twitter, YouTube and It Takes A Community: The Allscripts Blog.
© 2015 Allscripts Healthcare, LLC and/or its affiliates. All Rights Reserved.
Allscripts, the Allscripts logo, and other Allscripts marks are trademarks of Allscripts Healthcare, LLC and/or its affiliates. All other products are trademarks of their respective holders, all rights reserved. Reference to these products is not intended to imply affiliation with or sponsorship of Allscripts Healthcare, LLC and/or its affiliates.
For more information contact: Investors: Seth Frank 312-506-1213 email@example.com Media: Concetta DiFranco 312-447-2466 firstname.lastname@example.org