Healthcare clients increasingly utilize Allscripts dbMotion™ and Allscripts FollowMyHealth™ for patient engagement, care coordination, management of chronic conditions and analytics
CHICAGO, Feb. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — Allscripts (NASDAQ: MDRX) reported a series of new population health client commitments encompassing multiple electronic health record (EHR)-agnostic solutions, including the Allscripts dbMotion semantic interoperability platform; the Allscripts FollowMyHealth patient engagement platform, and real-time, point-of-care analytics tools.
Allscripts client commitments are consistent with recent market trends towards population health strategies that leverage data and insights captured by clinical systems, such as Allscripts Sunrise™ Clinicals, Allscripts TouchWorks® and Allscripts Professional™ EHRs.
“Allscripts is committed to working as a partner and providing superior solutions to help our clients succeed in critical population health management initiatives,” said Paul M. Black, President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Allscripts. “Population health management and consumer engagement will likely be game-changers for healthcare providers and other healthcare organizations, enabling them to improve the health of patients and drive costs out of the system. We are pleased to see the healthcare industry’s growing adoption and recognition of the critical importance of superior population health management.”
Healthcare organizations of varying sizes and focus are among those that have implemented Allscripts dbMotion platform in recent months:
- University of Kentucky HealthCare (Lexington, Ky.) is in the process of implementing Allscripts dbMotion in order to incorporate clinical data from multiple systems with the intent of achieving better insight into delivery across all settings of care.
- Springfield Clinic (Springfield, Ill.) adopted the Allscripts dbMotion solution with the goal of “bringing all the information together” across multiple data sources for better care and leveraging the power of analytics.
- Heritage Valley Health System (Beaver, Pa.) turned to Allscripts dbMotion to offer its providers a comprehensive view of all patients seeking care with the goals of improving service, satisfaction and outcomes.
- North Country Hospital, a 25-bed non-profit critical access hospital in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont, chose Allscripts dbMotion’s semantic interoperability platform to advance its community connectivity efforts and to share information across its range of clinical and emergency information solutions.
- Evangelical Community Hospital’s (Lewisburg, Pa.) mission focuses on delivering coordinated, quality care to patients across its community—and its leadership selected the Allscripts dbMotion platform to enable its providers to access the right information in the right format within the provider workflow at the point-of-care.
“One of Springfield Clinic’s most important strategic goals in 2014 is the transition toward value-based medical care,” said Shashi Tripathi, Chief Information Officer at Springfield Clinic. “Using Allscripts dbMotion platform, Springfield Clinic will integrate community information and identify care gaps at the point of service, giving providers the pertinent information they need to improve patient outcomes and ultimately achieve Springfield Clinic’s mission to provide the highest quality health care to the people of central Illinois.”
Claudio Fort, CEO and President of North Country Hospital, said clinicians across the organization “identified the need to integrate clinical systems as a high priority, so they would have access to a complete, single patient record to improve the quality of care provided,” adding that medication reconciliation was among their key objectives. “Allscripts dbMotion solution likewise provides North Country with the agility to prepare for and respond to ongoing changes in healthcare,” he noted.
With the addition of these new clients, Allscripts dbMotion—which received ONC-ACB certification for Meaningful Use Stage 2 by the Drummond Group late last year and was recognized as the top ambulatory/physician EHR health information exchange solution in the 2014 Black Book Rankings—now supports connectivity in approximately 10 percent of hospitals across the U.S.
Likewise, Allscripts FollowMyHealth patient engagement platform—which received 2014 modular EHR certification for both ambulatory and inpatient settings from Drummond Group’s ONC-ACB program—was selected by the following healthcare organizations:
- North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System (Manhasset, N.Y.) turned to Allscripts FollowMyHealth to serve as a platform for long-term patient engagement and to provide patients with a unified view of their health record.
- Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center (New York, N.Y.) chose the Allscripts FollowMyHealth patient engagement solution based on its capabilities for seamless integration its Sunrise Clinicals solution that is deployed across the enterprise, and its belief in Allscripts FollowMyHealth’s strong potential to provide for an efficient and high-quality patient-centered portal solution.
- Health First (Melbourne, Fla.) sought a vendor-agnostic patient engagement solution that would support the organization’s efforts to achieve meaningful use incentives and, longer term, allow it to build a “patient empowerment” strategy that might include community education and integration across ambulatory and acute care settings.
- Orlando Health (Orlando, Fla.) had previously relied upon two portals—one tied to its acute EHR and another to its ambulatory system—but chose to adopt Allscripts FollowMyHealth to enable patients to access an integrated health record.
- Sarasota Memorial Health Care System (Sarasota, Fla.) implemented Allscripts FollowMyHealth to support its commitment to improve transitions between care settings and help eliminate any gaps that might negatively impact outcomes.
“Allscripts FollowMyHealth truly fits our long-term strategy for patient engagement and empowerment, which is key to improving both individual and population health,” said Karie Ryan, CNIO at Health First in Melbourne, Fla. “It will provide our patients with a single and convenient access point for all their health information, and serve as a platform for improved quality across all of our care settings.”
Allscripts (NASDAQ: MDRX) delivers the insights that healthcare providers require to generate world-class outcomes. The company’s Electronic Health Record, practice management and other clinical, revenue cycle, connectivity and information solutions create a Connected Community of Health™ for physicians, hospitals and post-acute organizations. To learn more about Allscripts, please visit www.allscripts.com, Twitter, YouTube and It Takes A Community: The Allscripts Blog.
© 2014 Allscripts Healthcare, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Allscripts, the Allscripts logo, and other Allscripts marks are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Allscripts Healthcare, LLC in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc.
Investors: Seth Frank, +1 312-506-1213, firstname.lastname@example.org; Media: Concetta Di Franco, +1 312-447-2466, email@example.com