It takes a team to transform health care. With Allscripts client services, you get service as unique as your organization.
You’re on a journey to connect your communities for smarter health care. It’s good to know you have a trusted partner by your side. Allscripts offers a range of professional and managed service offerings to support our clients. Using our clinical and technical expertise, we help you maximize your investment’s value.
From hosting and consulting services, to optimization and managed IT services, we’ll partner with you to design a custom solution that meets your organization’s goals – and keeps your clinicians focused on patient care.
Allscripts Professional Services help you achieve quality outcomes through workflow optimization, best practices, applied technologies, and learning experiences. Our comprehensive and project-based implementation, consulting, education, and technical services help you meet your organizational goals and strategic imperatives so you can succeed in today’s evolving regulatory environment. We work by your side to make the process of adopting, optimizing, and using your Allscripts products easy.
Managed IT services and hosting
Allscripts is committed to building a collaborative relationship with you, helping you solve your IT staffing and application needs. Our managed services model is distinctive. It incorporates skilled professionals, best practices, and proven technology. This approach helps you establish a driving infrastructure for continuous improvements across your healthcare organization.
Allscripts Education Services
Allscripts Education Services offers you learning methodologies designed to create success for you. Our offerings help you realize efficiencies and increase the rate of adoption. You can choose from a range of in-depth classroom configuration training offerings from simple, role-based eLearning to customized end-user training. Allscripts Education Services courses have consistently been recognized for educational excellence by the Society for Technical Communications, a nationally recognized and independent third party.
Implementations and upgrades
Allscripts uses an events-based implementation methodology that leverages years of technical expertise, as well as prescriptive, open workflows that drive predictable outcomes. Our phased approach delivers high-quality implementations honed from thousands of successful client engagements. You’ll find that our non-disruptive and collaborative process mitigates risk, maximizes ROI, reduces variability, and greatly increases overall implementation and upgrade satisfaction.
To improve your experience, we recommend participation in our Upgrade Center programs. These programs provide a best-in-class upgrade experience using repeatable, reliable processes delivered within a predictable cost model – helping you reach your desired organizational outcomes. The Upgrade Center program also increases the adoption and utilization of Sunrise™ functionality by promoting “like-for-better” upgrades coupled with optimization activities. Finally, the Upgrade Center program alleviates burden on your resources by providing services you need to perform unit and functional testing – an advantage that lets you stay focused on your priority organizational projects.
- Recommended practice updates and enhancements. With deep expertise across every Allscripts solution, our team can recommend workflows and configurations based on best practices and lessons shared by other clients.
- Cost effective and enhanced user adoption. Allscripts solutions have a favorable total cost of ownership (TOC) when compared to alternative systems. From maintenance and upgrade costs to staffing requirements, you'll utilize less IT and organizational resources using Allscripts industry-leading solutions.
- Post go-live support. The Allscripts Services Team uses deep domain knowledge to provide post-live ongoing application sustainment and management services, including post-live checks, up-to-date product expertise, enhanced user adoption, access to content, and recommended practice updates.
- Infrastructure migrations, implementation and upgrades. Whether you need to add servers, upgrade software or hardware, or safely migrate to a new datacenter structure, our technical services team is here to assist. In addition, the Allscripts Services Technical team provides system performance services that evaluate and interrogate your environment to identify any issues that may contribute to less-than-desirable performance measurements. Each engagement provides methods for remediation to ensure your system performs optimally and supports a positive end user experience.
- Application Management and Staff Augmentation. Keep your system running at peak performance, without the hassle of constant monitoring and updating. We’ll take care of ongoing application maintenance and run regular checks to assess user adoption. Take the struggle out of IT staffing with Allscripts available staff augmentation and outsourcing. We’re here to help you manage your Allscripts suite of applications – based on your needs.
- Service Desk (Help Desk Support). Allscripts Managed IT Services help you maximize the power of your IT investments by delivering a modular, cost-effective Service Desk that enhances productivity in your organization while maintaining end user satisfaction. Our hybrid North American and global approach provides your organization 24x7 support. Support services provided can be scaled to meet the needs of your organization.
Education and Product Training
Allscripts Education Services
Designed to provide you world-class learning opportunities as you adopt, grow and utilize Allscripts products. We use industry-leading learning technologies to provide blended, role-based and workflow-oriented content. Our approaches span traditional classroom-style, instructor lead programs – to web-based, self-paced programs. All are designed to assure the success of your organization’s users so you can achieve efficiencies and an increased rate of adoption.
- Experiential Learning. Experiential learning provides self-paced, scenario-based simulation training targeted to specific roles. Simulations allow users to practice workflows through real-world scenarios. Readiness Evaluations assess the user’s ability to perform critical scenario-based workflows. Simulation training coupled with readiness evaluations and reporting metrics demonstrate the user’s proficiency to activate and use the system.
- Training consultative services. Training and education needs are unique to each client and often must be tailored to meet their available resources and timeframe. Allscripts provides education and training consulting services to develop a training strategy model that will deliver the best environment for adoption of their new application. Let us give your team the strategy, guidance and best practices they need to deliver effective group training.
- Formal instructor-led classes. At our Allscripts training facilities, we provide extensive training materials, hands-on exercises, interactive discussions and lots of individual attention. We’ll make you an expert in no time.
- Web-based classes. We can deliver virtual instructor led web-based classes on site, combining online training modules with individual attention in a classroom setting. If a self-paced option is more appealing, we also offer eLearning training solutions.
- Proactive Application Monitoring. Proactive application monitoring quickly identifies problems, then isolates and resolves the issue. Swift problem resolution greatly reduces expensive downtime and improves support for care delivery and related financial operations. Using a holistic approach of centralized surveillance, configuration and administration – and the ability to control key components at your site -- we proactively detect, prevent and resolve application and interface issues before they impact your entire organization.
- Hosting. Allscripts Hosting Solution alleviates the burden of managing a complex IT infrastructure and allows you to turn your focus back where it belongs — to patient care. Allscripts provides the tight integration of our operations, development and support teams, in a secure environment. This ensures a caliber of performance, efficiency and high end user satisfaction that only Allscripts can deliver.
- Elimination of Hardware Costs. Eliminate the headaches – and the price tag – of server hardware and infrastructure. You’ll get the robust hosting solution you need to move ahead in the changing healthcare climate.
- IT Staff and Services Savings. When you choose Allscripts to handle your IT maintenance and security needs, you’ll realize significant cost savings. That means you can devote more time and resources to advancing your organization’s mission.
- Scalable, Available and Secure. From small practices to the largest multisite organizations, our hosting environments are robust and scalable. Redundant systems and state-of-the-art encryption minimize downtime and keep your data secure.
- Reliability, Every Day of the Year. When your organization’s patient care is on the line, you need the most reliable solutions available. Trust Allscripts to keep your system up and running, with up-time percentages among the industry’s best, as well as quick disaster recovery times.
- Day-today operations management. You want a seasoned team responsible for your organization’s IT service management. We offer the dedication, performance and accountability of an in-house team, without the hassle.
- Process efficiency. Streamlining IT procedures can improve effectiveness and efficiency, but only with correct execution. We assess and deploy the processes you need, enhancing both connectedness and coordination.
- Budgeting and procurement. To make smart IT expenditures, you need to balance costs with organizational and end-user needs. With 30 years of healthcare IT experience, we know how to maximize your IT budget.
- Expert staff resources. Healthcare IT has unique challenges. Fortunately, we have a wealth of talent available with skill and knowledge in healthcare software and all phases of IT operations.
- Objective recommendations. In addition to expertise, our available IT staff offers a fresh perspective. They see how best to align your organization’s technology and business goals, and they have the skills to implement it.
- Flexible staffing. Unlike permanent employees, our IT staff is available when you need us, and not when you don’t. From a single implementation project to ongoing staffing, we’re here for you.
Offsite Tech Support
- IT team extension. For more than 30 years, we’ve been the healthcare IT experts. Let us put our experience to work for your organization as an extension of your IT team, boosting end-user productivity.
- Seamless coordination While we are supporting your organization’s end users, we keep your in-house team in the loop with ongoing communication.
- IT service management tools We support your staff with our suite of leading information technology service management tools, helping to answer users’ questions effectively and respond to issues immediately.
- Adoption and Optimization Services. Effective adoption of EHR applications is an ongoing and dynamic process. Allscripts provides adoption and optimization services designed to engage clinicians and end-users and drive ownership throughout the organization. Our adoption and clinical application assessment services provide reporting tools to evaluate the current level of adoption. These assessment services also provide clinical rounding, observations, and interviews to establish a strategic adoption program focused on impactful changes in workflow and configuration.
Over time, the needs of an organization change or the current workflows do not align with the system configuration. This can lead to work-arounds and inefficiencies that often cause dissatisfaction. Our optimization services provide current state assessments and recommend configurations or workflows that leverage existing functionality to improve the recognized value of your Allscripts applications. Optimization services are provided to address specific service line/departmental needs (i.e. emergency department, pharmacy) or based on organization pain points (i.e. clinical documentation).
- Custom Services. Because your healthcare organization is unlike any other, our team can provide custom services and solutions tailored to meet your needs. Allscripts custom services may include development of reports, Medical Logic Module (MLMs), Objects Plus, Tabs, and services such as MLM maintenance and performance assessment.
- Revenue Cycle. Whether your revenue cycle needs include full revenue cycle management services, optimization of Allscripts’ revenue cycle applications, or revenue cycle process consulting – Allscripts has the expertise to deliver improved efficiencies, automation and workflow design that positively impact your organization’s cash flow and financial performance. Our expert team evaluates your organization’s entire revenue cycle to identify opportunities to manage risk and increase efficiency.
Quality and Outcomes Services
Value-based care models reward practices that provide high quality care, excellent patient experience and reduced costs and utilization. Recent legislation and regulations through the CMS are accelerating the transition for all providers and organizations toward value (or quality) based payment models. Whether your practice is embarking on the journey determined by the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA) legislation and/or alternative payment models such as bundled payments or accountable care organizations, Allscripts provides services to support and assist you in achieving your goals.
Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Consulting Services
Extensive independent research shows that PCMH-recognized have proven the ability to reduce costs and utilization, while improving quality and patient experience. Industry leaders recommend transforming primary care practices as a strategic imperative for health systems and value-based care organizations.
Allscripts’ PCMH Consulting Services program includes an assessment phase leveraging NCQA assessment tools and the development of site-specific gap analysis and transformation plans. NCQA content experts also provide consulting and educational support during the transformation phase.
Value-based Care Strategy Assessment and Consulting Services
The transition from fee for service to value-based care payment models continues to accelerate with the introduction of the Quality Payment Program and its emphasis on Alternative Payment Models. With so many options including ACOs, Bundled Payments, Shared Savings, and Capitation-based models, it is critical for organizations to develop a participation strategy that will drive success in current and future models. Our readiness assessment and consulting services provide a deep understanding of your current state capabilities, a gap analysis related to the core factors that are common across value-based care models, and a detailed set of recommendations to develop your strategy and start implementing change immediately.
CMS Innovation Center
Allscripts Services and regulatory teams work in conjunction with CMS program managers to ensure success in the CMS environment and take advantage of opportunities presented by CMS innovations. Our consulting services address three important factors that drive successful participation – people, process and technology. Allscripts CMS Innovation programs for which Allscripts provides tailored consulting services include:
- Oncology Care Model
- Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement
- Bundle Payment for Care Improvement (BPCI)
- Comprehensive Primary Care Plus (CPC+)
Regulatory Consulting Services
Regulatory requirements continue to grow in complexity and recent announcements by the CMS expand and interweave existing programs, leaving many organizations uncertain of their current position or go-forward strategy. Beyond ensuring your applications meet the vendor requirements dictated in the regulation, Allscripts provides support and consulting services to address the processes and reporting that are equally instrumental to success. Allscripts provides the following regulatory-focused consulting services:
- MACRA Consulting Services Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) – Including the corresponding Quality Payment Program (QPP) MU3 Consulting Services