One patient record, one database, seamless workflows
Sunrise Surgical Care™ is a solution specific to the perioperative environment developed on the Sunrise platform and utilizing existing Sunrise capabilities and solutions that have been enhanced to meet the distinctive needs of the perioperative process and workflows. The barriers to information flow are removed, resulting in a single patient record on a single database and platform for the health system.
Be Financially Strong
Sunrise Surgical Care helps you to optimize your perioperative workflow while leveraging many of the solutions you already have in place to promote clinical and operational efficiency. For example, your scheduling teams will utilize Sunrise Enterprise Scheduling, offering them enterprise-wide visibility into rooms and resources for the purpose of scheduling the right combination — of people, equipment, and supplies. Unique preference card management capabilities allow your team to drive multiple procedures and providers off an initial card, reducing build and maintenance time. Finally, you are able to take advantage of infrastructure investments you have already made in Sunrise, reducing additional costs and allowing you to benefit from the knowledge your teams already have.
Create the Best Place for Care
With Sunrise Surgical Care, all clinicians — from the Emergency Department and Physician Clinics to the Perioperative environment and the post-op Surgical units are looking at the same patient record and the most recent information. The medical record flows through the continuum as the patient does — without complex interfaces.
Key Features of Sunrise Surgical Care
- Scheduling: The scheduling capabilities for the perioperative service have been built on the Sunrise Enterprise Scheduling platform, providing for a single-source enterprise scheduling solution. This approach supports conflict-free coordination of patients, staff and resources.
- Case Lists: A list of all the surgical cases for the day that is consistent in experience with the Sunrise Patient List. Single-click sorting makes it easy to locate scheduled cases. Additionally, the flexibility of the Case List allows clients to create customized lists and details based not only on scheduled cases, but also historical cases.
- Preference Cards: The backbone of any surgery solution, preference cards detail items required by the surgeon for a particular case as well as the ability to capture items used. Historically, maintaining preference cards is labor-intensive, so the solution includes a streamlined design to make it easier to build and maintain the cards.
- Supply Items: This capability provides specific inventory detail on each item, including cost, charge, vendor, serial numbers, expiration dates, etc. Perioperative departments will be able to do detailed case costing and Sunrise Surgical Care is capable of being interfaced to their organization’s materials management system.
- Perioperative Charting: With charting templates specific to the perioperative environment, clinicians will be able to leverage Sunrise Clinical Documentation for pre-op, intra-op and post-operative documentation. Charting templates can be driven by Case Details, providing the nurse with a more efficient documentation experience while ensuring completeness and accuracy.
- Case Details: Case Details is used in conjunction with Perioperative Charting to make it easier for the nurse to document while ensuring that key information is collected. Key milestones and metrics are automatically added to the charting based on the case, and the process supports charting by exception for case usage.