1. Participation. Participation in the Allscripts Million Hearts Clinical Decision Support (CDS) Challenge (the "Contest") constitutes Contestant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules (“Rules”). The Contest is sponsored by Allscripts Healthcare, LLC, a North Carolina Limited Liability Company, located at 224 Merchandise Plaza, Suite 2024, Chicago, IL 60654 ("Sponsor").
2. Timing. The Contest begins on March 26, 2012 and ends on July 13, 2012. Access to the official entry form and other documentation and licenses will be available at the start of the Contest at www.allscripts.com/cdschallenge. Allscripts reserves the right to extend the Contest deadline without formal notice.
3. Eligibility. The Contest is open only to individuals who are age 18 years or older, who are legal residents of the United States at the time of entry, and who satisfy the eligibility requirements contained in these Rules (the “Eligibility Requirements”). For the purpose of these Rules, “entry” or “entries” shall mean both the process by which a Contestant enters the Contest, and without limitation, all information and materials, documentation, software, data, electronic and tangible media, whatsoever, submitted by Contestant to Sponsor. For group entries, everyone who worked on the entry must be listed on the entry form and must meet these Eligibility Requirements. One of these people must be designated on the entry form as lead team member. (Individual entrants and group entrants referred to herein as “Contestant”). Employees, independent contractors, officers, and directors of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors; the judging panel; and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of such persons are not eligible to participate in the Contest. All federal, state, provincial, autonomous, and local laws and regulations apply. The Contest is void where prohibited or where eligibility or registration requirements have not been met. No purchase or entry fee is required. Each entry must meet the Eligibility Requirements listed herein and which will be provided when the contest begins. Any nonconforming entries will be disqualified. Illegible or incomplete entry forms are not eligible and will result in disqualification of entry. Contestants may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and W-9 tax form.
4. How to Enter. Application entry forms will be made available from the Contest entry web page, www.allscripts.com/cdschallenge, when the Contest begins. Sponsor also will make available at the web page its Allscripts XML format (the “Specifications”) that Contestants may use and extend if desired. Contestants are not required to use the Specifications, but, if Contestants use the Specifications, the Contestants will be required to agree to the accompanying license for the Specifications. Requirements for each entry and judging criteria will be made available on the Contest entry web page when the contest begins. Contestants may submit only one (1) entry. In all cases, submitted entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Contestants submit their entries at www.allscripts.com/cdschallenge.
XML Schema License Agreement for the Million Hearts Clinical Decision Support Challenge
5. Selection. After each entry is screened for compliance with the Eligibility Requirements contained herein, it will be judged by a panel of judges selected by Sponsor (the “Judges”). The Judges will make their determination based on the official judging criteria, which will be made available when the contest begins at www.allscripts.com/cdschallenge (the “Judging Criteria”). The Judges’ decisions are final and binding. The Judges will select one winning Contestant, who will be notified by September 15th, 2012. The winning Contestant will be eligible to receive the Prize, conditioned upon that Contestant satisfying all of the Eligibility Requirements and agreeing to and completing all required Contest documentation, which may include executing an Affidavit of Eligibility, affirmation of compliance with the Rules, Liability/Publicity Release, and a W-9 tax form. All Contest documentation will be made available when the Contest begins. The Contest judging shall begin by July 15, 2012 and will end by August 31, 2012 at 5 p.m. Central time. The winning Contestant will be announced no later than September 30, 2012.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify or reject any entry that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines does not meet the Eligibility Requirements. If Sponsor does not receive any entries that meet these requirements, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, (i) end the Contest without declaring a winner, (ii) extend the Contest to allow additional entries, or (iii) change the Contest into a related development effort such as an open source development project, to be determined at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
6. Prize. One (1) prize, $50,000 (fifty thousand dollars U.S.) (the “Prize”), will be awarded to the winning Contestant if winning Contestant satisfies the Eligibility Requirements. All federal, state and local taxes on the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winning Contestant. No transfer, refund, substitution or replacement of prize is permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or substantially similar value. Any portion of the Prize not accepted or unclaimed by the winning Contestant will be forfeited and will not be substituted or refunded. The Prize will be provided by Sponsor to the winning Contestant within 30 business days of notification and confirmation that the winning Contestant satisfies the Eligibility Requirements of the Rules. You may obtain the name of the winning Contestant by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope with applicable U.S. postage affixed to Allscripts Healthcare, LLC, Attention: Million Hearts CDS Challenge Contest, Winning Contestant, 224 Merchandise Plaza, Suite 2024, Chicago, IL 60654 after September 30, 2012.
7. Contestant Warranties: As a condition of entry in the Contest and an Eligibility Requirement, Contestant warrants that: (a) Contestant has all rights and title to the entry and is the sole author, creator, and owner of the entry; (b) the entry does not contain information considered by Contestant's employer or place of business or any other third party to be confidential, proprietary or a trade secret); (c) the entry does not include any trademarks of any third party; and (d) does not and its use by Sponsor will not constitute the violation of the intellectual property rights of any third party. By submitting an entry by a group of creators, the Contestants collectively make the same warranties.
8. Licenses. As a condition of entry in the Contest and an Eligibility Requirement, Contestant hereby licenses Contestant’s entry to Sponsor under the terms of the Apache License 2.0 available at the following url: http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html except that in accordance with Paragraph 7 of the Apache License 2.0, Contestant hereby agrees that the Rules (including Paragraph 7; Contestant Warranties) apply to your entry. Where the Rules are inconsistent with the Apache License 2.0, the Rules shall control. In addition, as a condition for receiving the Prize if Contestant is selected as the winning Contestant, Contestant hereby grants Sponsor a non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid-up, perpetual, irrevocable, unlimited, worldwide license to the entry, including any and all intellectual property rights therein, including, but not limited to the right to use the entry for any purpose, and to make derivative works from the entry, and to develop, commercialize and promote products and services. Sponsor may also contribute the entry for further development to open source or other projects or standards setting organizations. As a condition of receiving the Prize, the winning Contestant will be required to execute related documentation, and to otherwise assist Sponsor in perfecting these rights. Contestant further agrees that its entry shall be deemed non-confidential, shall not be considered a trade secret, and that Sponsor may have developed or shall develop materials similar or identical to Contestant’s entry and Contestant waives any claims it may have resulting from any similarities to Contestant’s entry.
9. Releases and Limitation of Liability. Entry constitutes permission to use, without additional compensation, the winning Contestant’s name, likeness, photograph, and/or voice without compensation for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium and distribution without limitation that Sponsor may deem appropriate except where prohibited by law. By entering, Contestants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless Allscripts Healthcare, LLC, its agents, parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, officers, directors, employees, and other individuals engaged in the development or execution of this Contest, from any and all liability, rights, claims, losses, actions, damages or injury alleged to arise out of, arising out of or relating to this Contest or with respect to awarding, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse associated with accepting or using the Prize or with respect to use of any Sponsor materials made available through the Contest, including, without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, and claims based upon intellectual property infringement, publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. The winning Contestant may be required to sign a release form acknowledging the winning Contestant’s acceptance and understanding of the Rules.
Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for direct, indirect, or consequential loss related to or arising from: (i) lost, late, delayed, damaged, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, or misdirected entries or entries that do not comply with the Rules; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (iii) failed, incomplete, partial, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of participating in the Contest or a prize or acceptance, possession, or use of a prize; (vi) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest; (vii) or any regional, state, autonomous, or local laws or regulations violated during the creation of the entries by the Contestant(s). Unless prohibited by law, Sponsor's liability shall be limited to the lesser of (a) the value of the media on which the entry was contained or (b) US $50.00.
10. General Terms.
(a) Current applicable terms and conditions, Eligibility Requirements and the Rules shall be available on Sponsor’s website. Sponsor reserves the right to suspend, cancel, or modify these terms and conditions, the Rules, the Eligibility Requirements or the Contest, including but not limited to changes necessary due to fraud, technical failure, inability to reach the stated technical goals of the Contest, economic issues, security issues, or improper play of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
(b) Contestant agrees that Sponsor's only obligation is to submit qualified entries from eligible Contestants to the Judges according to the procedures and criteria set forth in the Rules and, if an eligible Winner is selected, to award the Prize to the Winner, subject to the terms and conditions herein. Contestant agrees that Sponsor's obligation is fair and adequate consideration for any entry submitted, and that Contestant is not entitled to and shall not seek any further compensation. Contestant acknowledges that Sponsor may not award any Prize if there are no entries that satisfy the Eligibility Requirements contained herein.
(c) Sponsor is not obligated to use any Contestant’s entry for any purposes, even if it has been selected as the winning entry.
(d) Contestant understands that Contestant will not receive any compensation or credit for use of Contestant’s entry, other than what is described in the Rules.
(e) All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of Contestant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois. Where permitted by law, Contestant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, other than the administration of the Contest or the determination of winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court located in Cook County Illinois, or the appropriate Illinois State Court located in Cook County, Illinois.
(f) These terms and conditions may be changed at the sole and exclusive discretion of Sponsor without notice.